How API is used in Supply Chain
API (Application Programming Interface) started to appear in year 2000 and became in the last few years more known and heard, but before we dig more in our main subject, let us clear few things:
· Quickly move data between one system and another.
· Enable software programs to interact effectively in real time.
How API is Unique?
· APIs does not need you to change your data format to be transmitted.
· API is fast and affordable which make it available for small and medium-size businesses.
· API eliminates the need of manual intervention as it automates the workflow.
Supply chains with reliance on legacy EDI (electronic data interchange) system, a technology that was introduced more than half a century to support communication with business partners will eventually lead to a disruption. The arise of concepts like omnichannel 2.0 and on-demand delivery puts a pressure on supply chains to go to a level of performance beyond EDI capabilities.
In Centersource.io we use API to enhance our digital workspace and connect it with other systems to help your supply chain achieve the best performance.
How Centersource use API in Supply chain
· API to connect to carriers for the tracking of Containers & Bulk vessels.
We use API to receive carrier’s information and combine it with predictive analytics to give our customers more accurate tracking & real time results allowing the space for more fast and firm decisions plus avoiding detention and demurrage.
· API to connect to chamber of commerce.
We use API to connect to chamber of commerce in selective countries to allow the transmission of electronic documents: eCO electronic certificate of origin or electronic euro1.
· API to transfer our customers data and information from our platform to their system and the other way around upon request.
· Internal API is used within Centersource platform with its layers of connectivity to allow smooth transmission of data.
API as one of almost 100 smart tools Centersource is using to create a digital workspace that brings more visibility &efficiency to your supply chain.